About Me

My photo
Hi,and welcome to my blog for Professional Skills.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Digital Tool 8: Images.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/SeaBagEPA_450x300.jpg

This week I uploaded a free program called Mobaphoto version 1.42 which allows you to resize and edit images using easy basic tools. I used this program to resize my photo to make it appropriate for uploading to the internet. When I was doing this I learnt that this program was a quick and free tool that has multiple settings with photo resize for wallpapers, printing, CD/DVD/HD Storage and uploading online after you selected the setting wanted you are then able to edit the image.

There are multiple purposes of using images. Teachers can present images with the purpose of engaging the students to a new topic, influence their feelings or supporting skill development. It is important for the photo to have a purpose. I believe this image showing litter in the ocean with sea life in the background could be used for a variety of purposes in the classroom. Such as:

- A visual cue to encourage discussion about 'How does pollution get all the way into the ocean?'
- Beginning of a SOSE unit of reduce, reuse, recycle unit.
- Influence their feeling to do the right thing and put their rubbish in the bins.
- Realising that is impacting on the sea creatures life, some rubbish can get caught on them.
- A hook into a lesson on the oceans environment.

Images can be used for a range of activities within the classroom. What are your thoughts of images as a learning tool?

No comments:

Post a Comment